Finding practical and cost-effective ways to protect Canadians from the effects of extreme weather eventsLEARN ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS
A University of Waterloo research centre
Generously supported by
The Intact Centre on Climate Adaptation (ICCA) is a national applied research centre that focuses on mobilizing practical and cost-effective solutions to address climate change and extreme weather events. Read our brochure to learn more: http://www.intactcentreclimateadaptation.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/ICCA-Brochure-FINAL-EN-July-2016-updated-version.pdf.
Contact Dana Decent, Manager, for ways to get involved at Intact.Centre@uwaterloo.ca.
Follow us on Twitter @ICCA_Canada for the most recent updates
Climate Change and the Preparedness of Canadian Provinces and Yukon to Limit Potential Flood Damage (October 2016): by Dr. Blair Feltmate and Marina Moudrak – a survey of 103 government representatives across 91 provincial and territorial ministries, departments and agencies between December 2015 and April 2016. Assessments focused on the preparedness of provinces and Yukon to limit flood damage relative to current and future major rainfall events.
Recently in the Media
- CBC Metro Morning, January 2017: Blair Feltmate on Metro Morning
- Globe and Mail, December 2016: McKenna’s climate climb
- CBC The National, December 2016: Canadian cities hit by climate change
- Blacklock’s Reporter, November 2016: Gov’t Will Take Care of Me
- Winnipeg Free Press, November 2016: Flood preparedness requires federal focus