Finding practical and cost-effective ways to protect Canadians from the effects of extreme weather eventsLEARN ABOUT OUR PROGRAMS
A University of Waterloo research centre
Generously supported by
The Intact Centre on Climate Adaptation (ICCA) is a national applied research centre that focuses on mobilizing practical and cost-effective solutions to address climate change and extreme weather events.
Contact Dana Decent, Manager, for ways to get involved at Intact.Centre@uwaterloo.ca.
Follow us on Twitter @ICCA_Canada for the most recent updates
Climate Change and the Preparedness of Canadian Provinces and Yukon to Limit Potential Flood Damage (October 2016): by Dr. Blair Feltmate and Marina Moudrak – a survey of 103 government representatives across 91 provincial and territorial ministries, departments and agencies between December 2015 and April 2016. Assessments focused on the preparedness of provinces and Yukon to limit flood damage relative to current and future major rainfall events.
Alberta Adapts to a Changing Climate (March 2016): by Dr. Blair Feltmate – report prepared for the Climate Change and Emissions Management Corporation (CCEMC), summarizing outcomes of the Adaptation Leaders’ Round Table Forum held in Edmonton, January 20th.
Recently in the Media
- Blacklock’s Reporter, November 2016: Gov’t Will Take Care of Me
- Winnipeg Free Press, November 2016: Flood preparedness requires federal focus
- World Association for Disaster and Emergency Medicine, October 2016: Canada provinces and Yukon score a C- in flood disaster mitigation; immediate actions recommended.
- CBC On the Money, October 2016: Blair Feltmate featured on CBC On the Money with Peter Armstrong
- Globe and Mail, October 2016: Canada not ready for climate change, report warns
- Canadian Underwriter, October 2016: Barely passable grade on flood preparedness demands immediate action: report
- Radio Canada International, October 2016: Canada not prepared for climate change, report warns
- Global News, October 2016: Canada not ready for catastrophic impacts of climate change, report warns